|Lieu||Charlotte, North Carolina, USA|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Senior Project Financial Controller for its Raleigh, NC location. Hiring manager is prioritizing skills and experience over physical location and will consider remote work. This position is open to support our business growth in North America. This role is responsible for supporting Senior Project Manager in all financial and commercial matters and actively drive the project’s performance. Assigned to multiple large projects in our Power Grid Integration Group (HVDC and Power Quality Technology).
- Reviews and takes joint responsibility with Tender Manager on financial, commercial and tax aspects. Ensures that tender calculation is done correctly, prepares cash-flow and exposure curve. Monitors and provides input to negotiations on contractual terms and conditions (clients, consortia, subcontractors, suppliers). Participates and provides input in local risk review process.
- Provides input to the Project Execution Plan on financial aspects. Prepares project invoices, financial accounting, and reporting (including project site accounting). Drives project cash flow and oversees currency risk and tax issues. Is responsible for the correctness of project balance sheet and income statement as well as for cash flow and monthly/quarterly forecast. Participates in opportunity/risk identification, monitor that all required mitigation actions are timely implemented. Co-ordinates and prepares monthly project reviews jointly with the Project Manager. Reviews and takes joint responsibility with the Project Manager for project cost reports including estimates to complete and project schedule.
- Co-ordinates and manages all hedging aspects related to foreign currency.
- Responsible for commercial consolidation if any sub entity with Hitachi Energy. Oversees the results and forecast as well as consolidate on a monthly basis. Will be able to explain the overall project to upper management as well as support other controllers with their work.
- Promotes commercial awareness in the project team and provides commercial input to the project execution plan (such as T&Cs in supply management, claims, back-to-back conditions). Drives claim management, back-charges and insurance cases and monitors the proper follow up together with the Contract Manager/Project Manager upstream (towards customer), side-stream (towards consortia partner) as well as downstream (towards suppliers). Supports the Project Manager in adherence to: corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter, country specific finance directives and instructions.
- Is responsible for adherence to: corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter, country specific finance directives and instructions.
- The Company will not consider any applicant based in Colorado and this job may not be performed from Colorado.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 8+ years overall work experience with at least 5 years focused on project related business.
- Experience with foreign currency management.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Cross border experience preferable.
- Understanding of US GAAP/IFRS.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and other Office programs.
- Preferable experience in SAP.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program