|Lieu||South Boston, Virginia, USA|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer South Boston, Virginia location. This role is responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance and compliance to respective quality processes and local/global/international standards across all functional areas. Assists QA Manager in various tasks.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of, and ensures conformance with, instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in delivery of customer requirements. Supports the QA Manager in the maintenance, administration and improvements of the Quality Management System.
- Document and review NCRs and defects reports. Fill in as support to the QA Manager for all quality control work areas, including proper implementation of required production standards and Quality Inspection Cards (QIC).
- Assist with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide the local improvement actions toward greater customer satisfaction. Works with issues identified through Customer Complaint Resolution process (CCRP), Top 5 Quality Initiatives (T5QI) and other voice of the customer initiatives.
- When required, support the supplier quality engineer in collecting and tracking supplier quality data and metrics for routine reporting. Support activities to quality of incoming materials.
- Assist the QA Manager in the organization, planning, hosting, and report-out of audits.
- Conduct tasks in support of record management, document controls and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and minimum of 10-15 years of experience as lead/Sr. engineer in lean manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- L6Sigma Green Belt or in process for Black Belt.
- Experience in transformer manufacturing process.
- Diversified knowledge of engineering, manufacturing and related functions.
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance programs, procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills to negotiate effectively with suppliers, customers and internal groups.
- Ability to coordinate activities involving diverse technical disciplines.
- Ability to develop innovation solutions to problems and make decisions regarding quality matters that may significantly impact contracts.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program