|Lieu||Rochester, New York, USA|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Site Manager - HVDC Converter Stations. The Site Manager will be based in the field at the project location. Current project location is Lewiston Maine. Role requires relocation to new project site upon completion. The site manager is responsible for the successful execution of all activities on the assigned construction site, on-time, within budget, as per Contractual Scope and requirements, maintaining the highest standard of quality of the works, ensuring an incident free construction site and complete adherence by all personnel to the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) plans and regulations. HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) is a business unit within Hitachi ABB Power Grids located in Ludvika. The unit develops, manufactures, and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. This developed HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems. Please find out more about our world leading technology at www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com/.
- Responsible for the overall civil construction, installation and commissioning works under the scope of Hitachi Energy on a construction site.
- Serves, on the construction site, as the main interface to the customer on all contractual matters. Has authority over subcontractors and Hitachi Energy site personnel.
- Manages manpower requirements on site.
- Drives the site activities to achieve the contractual targets.
- Ensures that all personnel on site are well informed about the Scope of Work (SoW) and Division of Work (DoW). Avoids scope creep on site.
- Manages Change Management on site, including variation orders to subcontractors.
- Warrants that all tests are performed and accepted by the customer according to contractual conditions. Foster a culture of proper understanding and adherence by all site personnel to the Health, Environment and Safety requirements of the business, Customer, and local authorities. Ensures that all activities are done with the expected quality and that all quality records are created and properly archived.
- Maintains a good relationship with local authorities and organizations. Ensures that all permits, licenses, and requirements are in place for a compliant execution of the site activities.
- Ensures a structured, up-to-date, and reliable documentation handling on site and towards the Headquarters. Ensures that the work is performed according to the latest approved processes, instructions, and guidelines.
- Guarantees that all activities are performed within the defined contractual schedules and milestones.
- Understand the project budget and ensures that costs for the site activities are maintained within budget. Maintains reliable cost forecasts and estimate at completion figures.
- Ensures that contractual obligations are met and to the satisfaction of our Customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 3+ years’ experience as Site Manager, on construction projects with a medium level of complexity.
- Demonstrated experience running EPC projects is required.
- Willingness to relocate for the duration of the project wherever the construction site is located. (Current project plan; two years in Lewiston Maine then other state in continental United States.)
- Willingness to travel to Ludvika Sweden and other project sites for training.
- Able to showcase successes, failures and the lessons learnt.
- Experience with HVDC Converter Stations is a plus.
- Demonstrable understanding of Terms and Conditions typical used on Construction type Contracts.
- Experience in Civil Works, Installation and/or Commissioning activities.
- Recognized Health, Environment and Safety certifications and training. IOSH or NEBOSH preferred.
- Undergoes the Hitachi Energy Site Management certification process for the role.
- Driven, structured, able to work and lead teams, goal oriented, eager to learn from experiences and adapt as may be required, able to easily gain and maintain trust and respect from employees and peers, able to work under stress conditions.
- Able to adapt the discourse to address the audience, to either blue collar workers or Senior Management and Customers.
- Good English language – written and spoken.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1