|Lieu||Jefferson City, Missouri, USA|
|Type de rôle||Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Buyer for its Jefferson City, MO location. The Buyer position consists of the timely and cost-effective acquisition of quality materials, supplies and resources necessary. It also includes coordinating with associated groups and leading the resolution of purchasing problems.
- Responsible for P2P for MRP controller.
- Ensures the availability of inventory to meet the forecasted demand and optimize on-time delivery, lead time to customer, and net working capital
- Segments the portfolio of materials through an ABC/XYZ analysis, product lifecycle management and supplier agreement. Defines inventory policies according to this segmentation.
- Collaborates with suppliers and category managers to optimize cost, submit requests for quotation and drive cost savings projects
- Calculates and maintains in SAP the inventory parameters and replenishment strategies such as: safety stock, reorder point, lot size, and lead-time
- Monitors and controls Procure-to-Pay process and is prepared to perform such activities as escalation and expediting are required
- Supports Inventory Control and RCCM that may lead to improved packaging etc by the vendor
- Works with suppliers to improve on-time delivery performance, resolve non-conformance issues
- Analyzes and evaluates bids/pricelists to determine optimal value
- Bachelor's Degree for entry level and up to 2 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 4+ years of experience; OR
- High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years of experience.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Experience within operations or supply chain within electrical equipment manufacturing for energy sector is a plus.
- Exposure to high volume – high mix environment is preferred.
- Preferred purchasing or planning experience
- Preferred SAP or similar ERP experience in MM and PP module
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a global value chain
- Independent analysis/decision-making capabilities
- Above average Microsoft excel skills
- Employs root cause analysis approach
- Strong sense of customer focus and quality
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1