|Lieu||Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
You as a Tender and Quotation Specialist will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Modderfontein; South Africa. Creating and completing bids or estimating or quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements or budgeting to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the company. Maintaining and improving the balance between all Hitachi Energy units and customers that are present in responsibility.
- Targeting and formulating competitive bids, estimates and quotations considering best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensuring tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Preparing and managing all technical, financial and if necessary, project management aspects of the bids or estimate or quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
- Coordinating and ensuring the inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures. Managing external services to support bid or estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals.
- Collecting documents and archives documents regarding the offer or order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process and identifying in the bids, quotations and estimates and in any related contract agreements across customers or channels.
- Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal including both technical and cost elements.
- Establishing and maintain effective customer relationships to understand the customer needs. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Providing any necessary technical support to sales managers during technical meetings with customers.
- Selecting and identifying the potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborating with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B. Tech or B.E in Electrical degree or Nation diploma is preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge in LV, MV & HV Capacitor banks & filters and surge arresters is required.
- Basic understanding of power quality market and trends. Investigate, analyze, and solve power quality related problems at customer locations as an independent operator and take measurement when required.
- Basic knowledge of tendering and quotation for medium and high voltage equipment.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com