Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Project Execution team are at the heart of our organization, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future.
HITACHI-ABB's Power Grids Transformers are a global leader in technology, and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. We are pioneering the digitalization of transformers, while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC & DC applications.
As the leader of the Project Management team at the South-Boston Transformers facility within the PGTR NAM regional hub, your primary responsibility will be to provide leadership and ensure accountability in order to maintain and improve customer satisfaction. This function will involve reporting to the PGTR NAM HUB PMO Manager.
- Develop, execute, and sustain PMO initiatives in alignment with the objectives and vision of Hitachi Energy.
- Uphold customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional service throughout all project stages.
- Maintain adherence to organizational standards for Health and Safety, Quality, and the Environment, while prioritizing customer satisfaction and performance.
- Collaborate with site project managers to establish and enhance standardized project management processes for PGTR NAM, including tracking and reporting, escalation, change management, and issue resolution.
- Monitor project implementation to ensure optimal practices in cost control, resource efficiency, risk management, and health, safety, and environmental aspects.
- Identify, analyze, and address project risks, and actively share lessons learned.
- Supervise contract negotiation and claims with customers, in coordination with the Supply Chain and Legal functions when critical projects require.
- Attain overall project deliverables and ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders of the PMO.
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers by demonstrating tact, empathy, diplomacy, and efficiency in effective communication.
- Establish clear communication plans and adhere to them to enhance customer deliverables.
- Demonstrate independent decision-making ability and initiative in work tasks.
- Contribute to the implementation of continuous improvements in project execution strategy for local project operations, aligned with BU and PL business strategies.
- Ensure consistent management of the local project portfolio, applying best practices and adhering to Hitachi Energy Policies.
- Participate in the Bid/Sales Phase, including estimating and resource planning.
- Oversee project management activities at the portfolio level through project reviews with the management team and Project Managers, actively resolving escalated issues.
- Ensure proper and timely project closure for all projects in the portfolio.
- Enforce effective contract and claim management methods, aligned with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements.
- Serve as a point of escalation for individual and systemic project management issues.
- Foster and uphold a culture of Health & Safety in all project operations.
- Ensure the area of responsibility is structured according to the business model, adequately staffed with skilled resources, and appropriately directed.
- Embody HITACHI-Energy's core values of safety and integrity, taking personal responsibility for actions and demonstrating care for colleagues and the business.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, or a related field, with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- A PMP certification is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in team management is necessary.
- Previous experience as a PMO leader/manager is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and lead remote teams across different geographic locations.
- Proven track record in managing project scope, cost, schedules, and vendor/subcontractor relationships.
- Consistently driven to achieve business goals and implement improvement-oriented changes and initiatives.
- Results-oriented mindset with strong influencing skills.
- Solid knowledge of Transformer offerings (particularly in large Power) and familiarity with the North American energy sector is advantageous.
- Candidates must possess work authorization that permits employment with HITACHI-ABB in the United States.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Proficient in SAP, MS Project, MS Excel, and other project management tools.
- Possesses a collaborative and solutions-oriented approach, along with strong communication skills.
|Lieu||South Boston, Virginia, United States of America|
|Type d'emploi||Full time|
|Fonction du poste||Project | Program Management|
|Date de publication||2023-07-17|
|Numéro de réference||R0026294|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company