Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Logistics Engineer for our Jefferson City, MO location. This role is responsible for handling tasks related to logistics activities and inventory control with respect to part storage, picking, presentation, and delivery strategies. This role will lead and participate in projects that improve material flow and inventory accuracy in the warehouse and on the shop floor. This will consist of the development of procedures and processes that will lead to improving inventory accuracy and the availability of raw material in the factory.
- Work with all levels of plant management to coordinate kaizen projects using lean methodology. This includes project selection, justification, planning, training, execution, and reporting.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining logistics standards for logistics areas.
- Works closely with partner teams in engineering, procurement, and operations to maintain accurate PFEP data and mapping of BOM structure within operating systems.
- Responsible for design, documentation, and layout for material storage, delivery, and picking processes.
- Develops, proposes, and implements lean manufacturing material flow concepts that improve material availability and inventory accuracy.
- Defines detailed business requirements, analyzes business needs, proposes and implements operational and systems improvements, conducts systems tests, and validates solutions with all parties.
- Participate in the investigation of material shortage issues developing process improvements and corrective actions.
- Involves, collaborates, and communicates with employees at all levels of the organization to achieve the plant and department goals and objectives.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, uses data to communicate, displays commitment to excellence, complete projects on time and budget.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in implementing lean material flow in a manufacturing environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adept at IT systems and Microsoft Office products – Excel, Power Point, Word, and Visio
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with SAP
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter demonstrating initiative and commitment
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to balance and prioritize task
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field and 2 to 5 years of experience
High school diploma/GED plus 8 or more years logistics engineering experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelors Degree
|Lieu||Jefferson City, Missouri, United States of America|
|Type d'emploi||Full time|
|Fonction du poste||Supply Chain|
|Date de publication||2023-08-25|
|Numéro de réference||R0023408|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company