SFC Light frequency converters are an economic, high efficient and high available solution to convert the supply electricity to the appropriate load frequency. SFC Light based frequency converters use the multilevel modular converter (MMC) approach that enables a fine step scalability. Use of IGCT semiconductors based cells and proven stack design enable a rugged converter with a high serviceability
SFC Light frequency converter packages (frequency converters, transformers and heat exchanger) are offered to system integrators. Hitachi Energy also offers comprehensive turnkey frequency converter solutions.
The SFC Light series enables low total costs of ownership thanks to high efficiency also under partial-load conditions and low maintenance costs
- Small footprint due to high power density design and water cooling
- Scalable solution - Power range: 10 – 120 MVA
- Redundancy on power electronics level through additional cells inside the converter
- Converter packages (including transformers and heat exchanger) facilitate a seamless project execution
- Proven service concept (international Hitachi Energy service organization with local support, service and remote diagnostic by experts)