The type DTL™ tap-changer is a modular, electrically linear de-energized tap-changer available with current rating of up to 1,000 A and up to 650 kV BIL. The standard number of positions is five with seven positions available in certain winding configurations. The standard switch configuration consists of three vertically mounted single tap decks (three tap decks total). The vertical units are connected together by interphase shafts (two). One of the vertical decks is also connected to the external operating mechanism. The operating mechanism includes a position indicator and provisions for padlocking.
DTL de-energized tap-changers
- Maximum rated through-current: 2,000 A
- Highest rated lightning impulse / power frequency withstand to earth: 650 kV / 275 kV
- Lightning impulse / power frequency withstand between adjacent contacts: 140 kV / 50 kV
- Maximum number of operating positions: 7
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Robust design
- Linear electrical configuration
- Simple operating mechanism brought out of the transformer at ground level