|Location||Québec, QC, Quebec, Canada|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi energy is a global leader in technology, and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. We are pioneering the digitalization of transformers, while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC & DC applications. Reporting to the Project Management Office Director, the Project Manager will lead the execution of small to medium size projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi Energy policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. Working in close collaborations with customers, engineering, quality, production, supply chain, etc Work location: You can work from Quebec, Varennes, or Montreal Campus
- Leading / Coordinating the project team, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Defining, jointly with the Finance, Quality, Engineering and Planning departments, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule, and risk management plans.
- Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and Hitachi Energy policies. Effectively monitoring and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization.
- Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses, and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, quantifying, and managing project risks, and ensuring that all opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Capturing, analyzing, and sharing lessons learned throughout the project. Making sure that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Confirming that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements.
- Coordinating with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procuring required services, materials, and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Supporting Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Acting as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicating with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a project management environment is an asset
- Good abilities in customer relations and / or customer service
- Collaborative, dynamic and can adapt to change
- Results oriented and has influencing capabilities
- Ability to lead and manage concurrent priorities
- Positive attitude and influence in a project team leadership role
- Bilingual (French and English)
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries. In fiscal year 2020 we generated business volumes of around $10 billion USD as reported by Hitachi. www.hitachienergy.com #LI-NAM1