|Location||Tampere, , Finland|
|Type of role||Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)|
We at Hitachi Energy, Grid Integration business are looking for a Project Engineer, Secondary for a 6-month fixed term contract due to a job alternation leave. Please note: The person recruited as a substitute for the job alternation leave must be registered as an unemployed job seeker in the TE services. The substitute recruited for the position shall be a person who: - has been registered as an unemployed jobseeker in the TE services for a minimum of 90 days during the 14 months preceding the substitution, or - is under the age of 30 and has graduated with a vocational or higher education degree less than a year ago, or - is under the age of 25 or over the age of 55 at the start of the job alternation period. This role can be located anywhere in Finland. Remote working can be considered depending on the experience of the selected candidate. The preferred location, however, is in Vaasa, Tampere or Helsinki, where we have the team and an office. The business unit designs and delivers complete substations for distribution and transmission grids. We are offering an interesting position in an international project environment and various development possibilities in the areas of design and engineering, research and development. As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for the secondary engineering. Since the work is conducted in projects, with every case being unique, your role will be very varying, such as responsibility for all activities related to system and secondary design, which includes everything from base design to final delivery. Examples of daily activities are developing design drawings, generating basic documents for construction, performing engineering calculations and commissioning. At Hitachi Energy, you will have the opportunity to test your designer skills in various types of projects, both in Finland and abroad.
- Design, prepare and review substation documentations, for example, single line diagrams, protection, metering and interlocking diagrams, Control and protection panel, relay settings and configurations, LVAC and DC, cabling and testing and commissioning.
- Collaborate with Engineers (Lead, Primary and Civil) and Project Managers in international project environment.
- Work with internal team and sub-contractors to develop a complete substation secondary design packages.
- Participate in installation supervision at site and provide support to site team from office.
- Participate in testing and commissioning.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical engineering.
- Excellent skills in English. Other language skills (Finnish, Swedish, Russian) are considered as an advantage.
- Ability to clearly communicate with Hitachi Energy and Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues
- Willing to enter into international projects
- Travel is required; up to 20% both domestic and international.
- Previous experience from Project Engineer position is considered as an advantage
- Design software’s as E3, AutoCAD, PCM600 is considered as an advantage
More about us
Ready for a new exciting challenge? Apply for the position by February 28, 2023. We will initiate interviews as candidates apply and position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. For more information about this role, please contact Hannu Hautala, Engineering Manager, tel. +358 50 3342596. Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com