|Location||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Type of role||Middle Management / Senior Management|
Responsible for the development of advisory projects for major electricity sector agents, including distribution, transmission, retailer, generators in helping them deal with regulatory, economic and electricity challenges. Assists in the building and retention of long-lasting relationships with internal and external customers to support profitable growth and ongoing satisfaction. Key areas of responsibility: Identifying opportunities for new and repeating consulting business, building an internal and external network for the exchange of information. Creating added value for customers and the organization, ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals, using a series of sales techniques, and negotiating tactics for the leading of sales activities. Proposing research & development projects including the scope of the budget, supporting the project management strategy including productization, modularization and following up on new products/solutions, including ongoing support with contract management activities. Conducts risk and opportunities for the various assessments, ensuring delivery of the assignment as per agreed contract. Leads in the creation of new process and tool enhancement following the study of advanced techniques, with a lead to coach and develop subordinate colleagues.
- Technical contribution: Leads alignment and development of consultancy products and services to meet customers’ needs. Oversees and delivers challenging and major assignments. Approves and reviews tasks carried out by others. Defines best practices for the business.
- Contract management: Works with contract management activities (invoicing and work in progress, etc.) in many areas of work. Ensures delivery of assignments as per the agreed contract.
- Planning and control: Creates work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Ensures quality timely implementation within targeted cost.
- Risk and opportunity management: Conducts risk and opportunity assessments for consulting assignments. Proposes and leads actions to mitigate and control risks in maybe area of responsibility. Identifies opportunities for repeat and new consulting business.
- Customer: Builds and retains long-lasting relationships with existing and new customers, both external and internal, to support profitable growth and ensure ongoing satisfaction. Coordinates the local customer strategic approach through relevant initiatives (e.g. key account and partner development, set up of alliances). Creates added value for the customer and company and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Evaluates market opportunities and decides on appropriate activities in line with the strategy. Decides on go-to-market priorities for domestic and allocated markets in order to best balance cost and growth. Supports and follows-up on critical tenders to secure closing of key opportunities in line with the local financial targets and risk management guidelines. Negotiates contracts and leads sales activities with multiple local units to win major consulting assignments.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Builds network - internally and externally - for exchange of information. Coaches and develops consultants; provides a role model for technical leadership. Actively participates in technical conferences and promotes technical solutions.
- Processes and tools: Studies various advanced sources and proposes solutions for development of new processes and tools. Leads in the creation of new process and tools to enhance engineering effectiveness of business. Ensures usage of standard process and tools.
- People leadership and development: Coaches and develops consultants and senior consultants to deliver assignments and provides technical guidance to colleagues. Forms and leads teams to deliver assignments with a focus on operational execution. Actively looks for opportunities to recognize efforts by team members for team success. Continuously seeks feedback with team to improve.
- Finance and budget: Ensures achievement of assigned performance targets through regular oversight and implementation of improvement actions as needed.
- Product Management: Fully supports the product management strategy of the Global Product Group in view of organization, productization/ modularization of “product/solution offering”, follow up on new products/solutions roadmap, and development of go-to-market plans. Proposes R&D projects, including budget, to the Global PG and supports the implementation of approved projects with the required resources.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com