|Location||Doha, , Qatar|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Project Engineer with the support of the team is responsible for successful execution/delivery of assigned project(s) on-time, within budget, as per Contract Agreement, with on- quality & safety framework.
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Plans, monitors and controls project activities, proactively to maximize cash flow.
- Understands critical path scheduling and assures a minimum but sufficient project float.
- Understands opportunities as well as what may be causing a change in risk exposure and actions to avoid/mitigate from technical side
- Tender support, technical bit preparation
- Actively strives to optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the local organization.
- Assures a valid Project Safety plan is in place.
- Considers close out activities and influences for an early close out.
- Develop the know-how for the system studies & calculation
- Plans, monitors and delivers the engineering deliverables, proactively coordinate with Customers.
- Identifies and shares lessons learned.
- Customer Satisfaction Management in Projects
- Assures commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract.
- Assures and seeks to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer interaction, e.g. Communication, (phone, e-mail, etc.) and Customer meetings, kick off, review, etc.
- Works proactively to set customer expectation to assure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances.
- Encourages openness & respect, and build trust, confidence & loyalty with customers and partners.
- Promotes healthy work-life balance within the project team.
- Project Financial and Cost Management
- Understands and use Full Cost Calculation/Model and different revenue recognition methods.
- Understands project exposure
- Controls project cost and cash flow
- Influences project expenditures to maximize cash flow.
- Legal and Contract Management for Projects
- Understands Hitachi ABB’s standard terms and conditions and the impact upon the contract of differing and/or additionally accepted terms and conditions.
- Understands project specific accepted terms and conditions and their application to project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance and risk factors.
- Utilizes contract terms and conditions to maximize cash-flow, margin and to limit liabilities, e.g. through insurance.
- Project Reporting
- Forthrightly presents an account of project status/issues in project reviews.
- Reports status/ progress to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail for desired understanding, e.g. to assure payment, set expectation, etc.
- Raises potential project issues to relevant stake holders.
- Effectively reports project progress or other situations either verbally or in writing to assure desired understanding.
- Scope and Change Management for Projects
- Utilizes negotiation skills for scope and change management.
- Is on top of scope including the possible overall impact of what may seem to be minor changes
- Negotiates change orders and additional sales.
- Actively pursues desired changes in order to obtain additional sales, increase margin and to lower risk exposure.
- Project Risk and Opportunity
- Understands risks as well as what may be causing a change in risk exposure and actions to avoid/mitigate.
- Understands opportunities and how to take advantage of them.
- Identifies and mitigates risks associated with important aspects such as Health and Safety.
- Proactively pursues decided upon mitigation efforts for identified risks.
- Identifies and act upon new risks and opportunities as they occur.
- Assures avoidance/mitigation of liquidated damages and other penalties/claims.
- Procurement Management for Projects
- Work actively with a number of suppliers to obtain overall best possible purchase, in cooperation with the supply management function.
- Coordinates/directs project transportation and logistics.
- Reviews status of critical suppliers’ progress and include in overall schedule.
- Initiates 3rd party inspections as required.
- Ensures the proper application of Hitachi ABB’s supplier qualification process.
- 2-4 years’ experience managing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with domain experience
- Experience with Projects of different size, complexity and contractual types.
- Fully understand of High voltage & Transformer products and experience in similar Projects.
- Good Knowledge of SAP
- Good Knowledge of Substation Equipment & Engineering.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com