Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic
people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + collaboration = Great Innovation
Seize this opportunity with Hitachi Energy as a HV Engineer to provide expertise and technical support of High Voltage Circuit Breakers and Components.
You will be an experienced and qualified Electrical/Mechanical Engineer for HV Substation Equipment: with background in the Utility, Transmission and Renewables sector. Our High Voltage main office is based in Stone Staffordshire. You will be travelling extensively to customers throughout the whole of the UK. You will be familiar with block diagrams and
electrical schematics, combined with having in-depth knowledge of electrical power system design, including specification of High Voltage equipment systems.
It goes without saying, you will represent Hitachi Energy to our prestigious customers and you’ll help deliver improvements across the product life cycle. Taking the lead on exciting challenges within an innovative and inspiring environment in close collaboration with others. You will have the full oversight as far as the client is concerned as a trusted Engineer who drives quality standards.
So, if this sounds like you and you’re ready for that next step in your career with Hitachi Energy, based in the UK – join us, we are ready for you!
- Providing Technical Support of High Voltage (66KV-400KV) Circuit Breakers and Components
- Close liaison with wider teams within Hitachi Energy plus sub suppliers, Focus Feeder Factories to deliver contracts on time and to the agreed specification.
- Establishing and driving compliance plans for existing and new products through customer registration and standards agencies (ENA, NGTR etc.)
- Adhering to systems and procedures ensuring Hitachi Energy’s products comply
- Taking financial accountability and ownership over client engineering projects and those contributed to by internal suppliers and stakeholders.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- A similar technical background ideally within High Voltage substation, Utility, Transmission or Renewables or a similar field.
- Fluent communication- and strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and customers
- You enjoy working in diverse and multicultural teams and are interested to share your experiences and knowledge with your colleagues and gain value from their input
- A flexible team player with leadership skills who enjoys problem solving and works in an efficient, structured way
- Fluently communicating in English to interact with various stakeholders. (Any further language is beneficial)
More about us
We are interested in learning more about you and what you can contribute with an enthusiasm and desire be part of Hitachi Energy's future - as we pioneer sustainable energy
solutions at a time when it matters most to both our national and global economy.
|Location||Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company