Hitachi Energy's pole-mounted capacitor banks provide an economical way to apply capacitors to a distribution feeder system to provide voltage support, lower system losses, release system capacity and eliminate power factor penalties. They are factory pre-wired and assembled, ready for installation. Available options include:
- In-line aluminum or galvanized steel rack
- Oil or vacuum switches
- Junction box
- Switching controller
- Wildlife guards
- Insulated conductor
- Control power transformer
- Distribution class arresters
- Fused cutout
- Current limiting reactors
The QPole can be used for voltage stability applications, reactive compensation or volt-var management.
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Hitachi Energy components including controller, vacuum switch etc.
- Available as fixed or switched system.
- Factory assembled in galvanized steel or aluminum frame suitable for pole mounting.
Brief performance data
|Power||Up to 3,600 kvar|
|Voltage||Up to 36 kV|
|Insulation level||Up to 70/170 kV BIL|
|Frequency||50 or 60 Hz|
|Arrangement||Grounded Y, Ungrounded Y or Delta|
|Number of capacitors||3, 6 or 9 units|
|Control voltage||120 or 240 Vac|
|Temperature range||-50 to 55°C|
|Frame||Galvanized steel or aluminum|
|Features||Pole bracket, lifting eyes, bird guards|
|Control options||Fixed or switched|
|Standards||IEC, ANSI, IEEE and CSA|