A scalable, modular and fully customizable solution for large-scale EV charging of smart public and commercial transport.
By implementing the AC/DC rectification at a central location, Hitachi Energy is offering this pioneering technology to reduce the demand for space by up 60% in depot and to optimize energy consumption from the grid through an integrated digital ecosystem.
Grid-eMotion™ Fleet is suitably designed to offer flexibility of connection to the utility grid and ensure compliance with power quality requirements. Chargers are available from 50 to 600kW power, combined in cabinets to facilitate maintenance. Charging points are designed to ensure full interoperability with current and future EV fleets charged in DC via plug or pantograph.
The charging infrastructure for large fleets must provide efficient operation in confined spaces.
- Reduced space requirements and cabling
- Simplified interfaces
- Lower harmonic distortion
- Lighter installation at parking places
- Improved reliability, availability and maintainability
- Less site activities, shorter delivery time and lower risk of project delay
- Containerized, fully assembled, tested, ready to install
- Integrated with SCADA, energy management system (Open Charge Point Protocol - OCPP)
- Battery energy storage systems or photovoltaic/solar plant integration
- Connection to existing DC grid for customers already operating tram, metro or trolleybus networks