Release of Relion® 670 series version 2.2.1
The evolution of Relion® 670 series continues with this release. The designation of this update is revision 2.2.1.
We are pleased to announce an update of the Relion® 670 series version 2.2, our flagship protection & control IEDs. With this update, we bring several new features and enhancements. The update covers customized and pre- configured IEDs covering all application areas with the products REB/REC/RED/REG/REL/RER/RES and RET670.
The Relion® 670 series covers a complete set of applications from generator protection, transformer protection and control to busbar protection, line protection, phasor monitoring and bay control. With the introduction of version 2.2 of the 670 series, we further expand the application areas especially for digital substations, enhancing the system functionality and flexibility
Key system features such as support for a large number of Ethernet communication ports, HSR redundancy method, and precision time synchronization following the IEC/IEEE 61850-9-3 profile are introduced in this release. Process bus sampled values via IEC/UCA 61850-9-2LE are now supported in all products of the Relion® 670 series family.
New features and benefits
The following new features are included in this update. The key features and their benefits are listed below:
- Update of the generator differential protection function GENPDIF, which now includes the possibility of reporting service values of the induced DC component. This opens up a new area of application where this DC component can be used to measure and report geo-magnetic induced currents on a power system.
- Ethernet ports with RJ45 connector as an option is now available. The Relion® 670 series version 2.2 supports up to six Ethernet ports and these can be freely chosen as optical LC or RJ45 connectors. These Ethernet ports are completely configurable as single/PRP/HSR as required and with any combination of protocols, bringing a high versatility to substation automation solutions.
- A snapshot of protection settings and configuration parameters is stored during a disturbance record capture. This feature brings a key benefit during post-fault analysis of the protection response during a power system disturbance.
- Improvements to the high-speed distance protection functions ZMFPDIS & ZMFCPDIS. These functions now report and display impedance service values based on both phase-earth and phase-phase quantities.
- Improvements to the high-speed distance protection functions ZMFPDIS & ZMFCPDIS. These functions now include a generic non-directional phase-earth start STNDPE output. This output can be used in conjunction with the general start to create general PE start.
PCM600 and IED Connectivity package for 670 series products version 2.2
PCM600 version 2.8 together with 670 series connectivity package version 3.2.1 will be required. The version 3.2.1 of the IED Connectivity package for Relion® 670 series supports 670 series version 2.2 products as well as earlier versions of the 670 series. For further details about the connectivity package and its installation, please refer to the release news.
Known issues and limitations
For known issues and limitations, please refer to the “670/650 series products version 2.2 known issues”.
Documentation & marketing material
The product guides, technical manuals, technical summary sheets and brochures are available via abb.com/protection-control.
Ordering and delivery
All new orders on the Relion® 670 series version 2.2 products will be delivered with this update. For the current delivery time, please get in touch with our sales contact at Hitachi Energy Products.
Global Product Manager
Grid Automation Products
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you