The UC family is a group of diverter switch on-load tap-changers. They come in a wide range of models with a rating suitable for every application. They are mounted inside the transformer tank, suspended from the transformer cover. The UC types operate with conventional arc quenching in oil diverter switches.
The UCL model is the mid-size of the UC types and is suitable for transformers up to 850 MVA with a BIL rating of 1175 kV and a current rating of 925 (2400) A.
- Base technology: Conventional, resistance, in-tank, diverter switch
- Common applications: Network, special, industrial, HVDC
|Tap-changer placed in the neutral point of the winding||Other placements of the tap-changer|
|Highest voltage for equipment (Um)||362 kV||362 kV|
|Max lightning impulse (BIL)||1175 kV||1175 kV|
|Max current 3-phase 1-phase (one tap-changer/phase)||925 A
|Enforced current splitting 1-phase (one tap-changer/phase)||2700 A||2700 A|
|Max step voltage||4500 V||4500 V|
Why Hitachi Energy
- Unique open design for quick and easy maintenance
- Maintenance in any tap position and without dismantling the shaft system, thus eliminating the risk for failure from improper assembly or alignment
- No online oil filter is needed
- Unsurpassed maintenance intervals