|Sede||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Tipo di lavoro||Full-Time|
|Tipo di ruolo||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
As a Simulation Model Developer you will be a part of HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current), a business unit within Hitachi Energy located in Chennai. The unit develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. The HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems.
- Developing models for simulation tools used for power system studies.
- Virtual representation of real control and protection system.
- Participate in process development and provide internal as well as external engineering support.
- Verification studies with focus on dynamic performance.
- Model structure and internal code module definitions.
- Simulation program interface, tool and process development.
- Supporting projects and tenders for HVDC System Design and interact with both internal and external stakeholders in
- those areas.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while
- caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master of Engineering in Power System with 4 – 10 years of experience or PhD in Power Systems with 1-5 Years of
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network.
- Understanding and design of Electrical Power Systems and controls.
- Preferably knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards.
- Preferably Understanding application of Power Electronics in HV/EHV system like HVDC and FACTS.
- Proven skills in using computers as a calculation tool.
- Preferably experience of power system simulation tools such as PSSE, EMTDC /PSCAD and calculations in MATLAB /
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, Fluent English.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose, such as Power Transformers, Capacitors,
- Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnector, Surge Arrester etc.
- Knowledge in selection, sizing and integration of above equipment based on customer functional specification.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com