UZ-type on-load tap-changers are of the single compartment, on-tank type. The selector and switching mechanisms are combined (selector switch) and are located in the main compartment with the motor drive mechanism welded to the outside. The unit is supplied fully assembled and ready to mount on the outside of the transformer tank.
Maintenance and inspection of the tap-changer are simplified since access to the active part of the tap-changer is made easy with a large, hinged door panel on the front of the compartment.
- Base technology: Conventional, resistance, on-tank, selector switch
- Common applications: Network, special, industrial
|Tap-changer placed in the neutral point of the winding||Other placements of the tap-changer|
|Highest voltage for equipment (Um)||145 kV||145 kV|
|Max lightning impulse (BIL)||650 kV||650 kV|
1-phase (one tap changer/phase)
|Max step voltage||2000 V||2000 V|
Why Hitachi Energy
- Maintenance can be performed from the ground level
- Sliding contacts for enhanced reliability
- Trouble-free maintenance as there is no shaft system to disassemble
- Electrically very strong; tie-in resistors are seldom needed