Hitachi Energy's CoreSense™ gives continuous online monitoring of transformer gases, such as hydrogen and moisture. CoreSense™ is qualified as TXpert™ Ready Sensor to connect with CoreTec™ 4, the TXpert™ Hub, that monitors hydrogen levels in transformer oil to provide an early warning for most incipient transformer faults and complement traditional offline laboratory Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) of the transformer oil.
Hitachi Energy's CoreSense™ can be installed on any transformer brand and type, old as well as new, or on a whole fleet of transformers. Thanks to CoreSense™ innovative thermal pump design that uses no moving parts, CoreSense™ can be connected to the transformer at any location, including the drain valve.
Universal fluid support
Hitachi Energy's CoreSense™ can be used with transformers filled with the following fluids:
- CoreSense™ ST for mineral oils
- CoreSense™ SE for synthetic ester (Midel 7131)
- CoreSense™ NE for natural ester (Cargil FR3)
- CoreSense™ SL for silicon fluids
Hitachi Energy’s CoreSense™ is maintenance free for 15 years. There are no moving parts and no need to calibrate.
Features at a glance
- Online monitoring of hydrogen and moisture in transformer oil
- Support for mineral oils, ester, and silicon fluids
- Qualified as TXpert™ Ready Sensor to connect with CoreTec™ 4, the TXpert™ Hub
- Solid-state hydrogen sensor (no membrane)
- Active oil sampling or circulation with no moving parts
- Easy to download data in .csv format for offline analysis
- Two user-configurable alarm levels WARNING and ALARM for both hydrogen and moisture
- Easy to interpret alarms and LED
- A large number of communication protocols and options
- 4-20 mA inputs allow connection from external sensors (i.e. load, ambient temperature or oil temperature)
- Sensor configuration and administration: streamlined and intuitive web interface