Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
To execute project design authority for engineering disciplines with medium to high complexity within the Grid Edge Solutions, Microgrids and Battery Energy Storage business.
Coordinate and execute engineering assignments across several disciplines within the project scope and value chain - efficiently, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, safety requirements and business objectives.
The primary responsibilities will be controlling systems and electrical design of Microgrids and BESS Systems and project engineering activities across diverse applications (e.g., Mining, Oil & Gas, grid scale storage, Commercial & Light Industrial).
- You acts as a technical lead, approves design deliverables. Reviews all project documents for conformity and quality assurance. Anticipates and solves unprecedented problems, crucial issues and/or unique conditions. Serves as a specialist in the application of advanced concepts and methods.
- You will assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- You support Contract Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.). Provides quality solutions as per customer requirements and industry standards and delivers within budget, quality, and contract. Manages technical queries and design solutions proposals and implementation. Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigates potential risks.
- You will create work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility Reviews and approves scope, budget and schedule for assignments and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- You will create and executes strategies for risk and opportunity management in one’s area of responsibility. Identifies and manages contract risks taking preventive/corrective actions to resolve any contract/quality/program/cost issues. Reports any outstanding issues to management, along with recommendations for resolution.
- You will Work with the customer to shape and deliver solutions and seeks customer feedback to drive and deliver improvements. Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- You will Collaborate with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- You will Represent function in standardization committees and in communication and conferences pertaining to broad aspects of engineering assignments. Acts as technical specialist/adviser to senior management. Collaborates and networks within Hitachi Energy and externally.
- You will Review, develop, and document quality standards, processes, tools and techniques. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Contributes towards continuous improvements of processes and tools for engineering efficiency.
- You must ensure safe working procedures and practices are always followed including the wearing and maintenance of assigned Personal Protective Equipment; attendance at required health, safety and environment training; report injury, incidents, hazards and near miss events. Model safe work behavior in all aspects of work and actively identify hazards and risk controls.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Tertiary or degree qualifications in Engineering (electrical), or equivalent
- High level of technical aptitude in power systems, power generation, electrical engineering
- Experience in engineering execution and delivery of large power system-based projects including power automation, generation or control, Battery Energy Storage or Inverter based technology.
- Exposure to heavy engineering segments, Mining, oil and gas or heavy industry
- Advanced computer skills including engineering software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization; Relates well to people at all levels.
- Proactive and highly organized including timeliness and ability to meet deadlines and changing priorities, Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Highly flexible and demonstrable problem-solving skills.
|Location||Lilydale, Victoria, Australia|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company