Hitachi Energy's power transformers are key components in power networks. Their availability and longevity have a major impact on grid reliability and profitability. Hitachi Energy does not compromise on quality. We ensure that every one of our 20,000 delivered units has undergone rigorous full-acceptance testing. Hitachi Energy offers a complete range of power transformers and related components and parts. We have delivered more than 20,000 power transformers (over 2,600 GVA), including over twenty 800 kV UHVDC and over five hundred 735 - 765 kV AC units, to all major global markets.
Our entire range is the result of our own research, development and manufacturing, which makes us unique in the industry. This has given us extensive experience in every relevant part of power transformer technology. Customers worldwide can securely rely on the quality and reliability of our products.
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Pioneering technology – best short circuit record in the industry
- Industry leading ‘Mean time between failure rate (MTBF)’
- The complete customer service package (from quotation to energization)
Get to know more
EU EcoDesign product information
- The EcoDesign Directive of the European Union and the related Regulation 548/2014 for transformer losses requires manufacturers to publish on the internet information on rated power, load loss, no-load loss and weight and type of the major components of typical transformers, which are compliant with the Regulation. Such typical values are specified under EU EcoDesign product information for Tier 1 requirements.
- Load loss and no-load loss values are maximum values with 0% upwards tolerance. If a value exceeds at factory routine testing the maximum value, the transformer is not compliant with the Regulation and it is not allowed to use it in the EU.
- Note that the values indicated for the weights depend on each specific transformer specification and may vary. The values also depend on the exact grade of electrical steel to be used. Transformer designs and materials used are constantly changing with changing materials prices.
- Hitachi Energy can also provide transformers according to Tier 2 loss requirements and even lower losses. Hitachi Energy is the leading manufacturer for ultra-efficient transformers, as a company being itself fully dedicated to energy efficiency, and able to consult you for energy efficiency and sustainability.