PCM600 2.9 Release
The evolution of PCM600 continues with this brand new version. Protection and Control IED Manager (PCM600) version 2.9 has been released. PCM600 provides versatile functionalities for the entire life cycle of all Relion® Protection and Control IED applications.
New features and enhancements
Support for mixed editions of IEC 61850:
- Now Ed1 and Ed2 IEDs can be configured in same PCM600 project.*
Efficient Online Usages:
- Efficient read/write with help of versioning of configuration.*
- Efficient online debugging in Application configuration with “Go to partner“.
- Keep continue with online debugging in Application Configuration with non-relevant graphical changes.
Efficient File Operations:
- During project opening, option to automatically install missing Connectivity Package.
- Import/export of pcmp/pcmi/pcmt file sustains user hidden parameters.
- Versioning of configuration and compare of versions.*
Defense in depth:
- Indication for secure/unsecure communication.*
- Displaying of certificate expiration date.*
- Showing username logged-in the IED.*
- Better port handling.
- Operation Manual is now in PDF format.
- Optional installation of Update Manager.
- More responsive GUI of Monitoring and Event Viewer, when IED is offline.
- Now user can fix the execution order and cycle time of Function blocks used in creation of Composite Function Block type.
- More detailed preview to project information.
- Update Manager now loosely coupled with PCM600.
- Improved robustness of the software.
Support for newer operating system
- Windows Server 2016
- Upgraded version of Wavewin
Note: * Availability of the feature depends on Connectivity Package.
Following documentation is available and can be found on the PCM600 product page and the Hitachi Energy Substation Automation Software Library:
- PCM600 Installation guide
- PCM600 Readme file
- PCM600 Product guide
- PCM600 Getting started guide
The PCM600 user documentation is available as on-line help in PCM600 included in PCM600 installation.
Technical requirements on environment
Hardware and software requirements:
- The supported operating systems and hardware requirements are described in the PCM600 installation guide.
- Using PCM600 requires that the applicable IED Connectivity Package has been installed. The connectivity packages can be downloaded from the update manager of PCM600. Furthermore the IED Connectivity Packages for 670 and 650 series are also available on a separate IED Connectivity Package DVD that is delivered together with the IEDs, whereas the IED Connectivity Packages for 630, 620, 615, 611, 610, RIO600, RBX615, PML630, REX521, RE_54_, SPACOM and REF542plus can also be downloaded from the Substation Automation portal.
Products supported in this release
PCM600 version 2.9 supports the following protection and control products:
- Relion® family and supporting products: 670, 650, 630, 620, 615, 611, 610, 601, REB500, RIO600, PML630, PWC600, GMS600 and SAM600
- REX521 and RE_54_ series
- Selected SPACOM relays
Features and benefits in previous versions of PCM600
IED Connectivity Package support for PCM600 2.9
For the best performance we recommend the latest versions/revisions of the IED Connectivity Packages available in the PCM600 update manager to be used together with the PCM600 2.9.
Life cycle statement
The PCM600 2.9 will replace all previous versions of PCM600. The replaced versions will be moved to obsolete phase in the software life cycle policy, which means that they will no longer be maintained.
Ordering and delivery information
PCM600 2.9 is license-free and can be downloaded free of charge from the Hitachi Energy Substation Automation Software Library.
The installation of PCM600 2.9 is started by running the installation program (Setup.exe).
Note: PCM600 2.9 can be installed in parallel to already installed PCM600 versions like 2.8, 2.7, 2.6, 2.5 or earlier.
Known limitations and supporting information
For technical limitations and supporting information, please refer to the PCM600 readme file. Some PCM600 functionality might not yet be available in all the available Hitachi Energy IEDs. For further information please refer to the release notes of the IEDs respectively IED Connectivity Packages.
The Protection and Control IED Manager PCM600 tool provides versatile functionalities for the entire life cycle of all Relion® Protection and Control IED applications. This easy-to-handle tool helps you to manage your protection and control equipment all the way from application and communication configuration to disturbance handling. Designed to communicate, PCM600 interacts with IEDs over the fast and reliable TCP/IP via corporate LAN or WAN, or alternatively directly through the communication port at the front of the IED.
PCM600 tool is able to read and write all configuration and setting data of an IED with a single command. The user interface, workflow and the IEC 61850-based data model in PCM600 are designed according to the same philosophy as the Relion® Protection and Control IEDs, ensuring smooth and seamless integration between the tool and the IEDs. PCM600 also secures the projects and data created with earlier versions of the PCM600 tool, which enables full backwards compatibility.
Global Product Manager
Grid Automation Products
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you