Tap-changers are used to change the turn ratio between windings in a transformer. This ratio determines the voltage ratio between the windings and is essential for the stabilization of network voltage under variable load conditions. This adjustment may be made by an on-load tap-changer, or by a de-energized tap-changer, or by the selection of bolted link positions.
Hitachi Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of on-load tap-changers both the conventional and vacuum type, for high voltage and low voltage regulation, in in-tank and on-tank solutions. Our offering includes a wide range of de-energized tap-changers.
Your partner of choice
- Over 100 years of tap-changer manufacturing experience
- Proven solutions with decades of successful field operation
- Serving a variety of transformers in different regions and countries
- Longest lifetime thanks to high-quality materials
- Type-tested beyond international standards
- High reliability from few parts and low complexity in design
- Easiest maintenance thanks to open design and no need for special tools
- Life-cycle support
- Retrofit solutions for conventional on-load tap-changers types UCG, UCL, UCB, UCC and UCD
- Easy to upgrade to vacuum technology in existing installation