Hitachi Energy to support major renewable electricity transmission between Canada and New York City
HVDC Light® transmission system will transfer renewable energy for over 1 million New York homes and help achieve the state’s climate goals
Offshore grids: The energy transition’s next frontier
Proactive grid planning is key to unlocking Europe’s net-zero vision
The role of HVDC in the future power system
Build, operate and maintain HVDC converter stations with sustainability in mind
The first-of-its-kind power transmission network
The first HVDC power-from-shore solution outside Norwegian waters
The groundbreaking intercontinental link
Hitachi Energy consortium awarded major contract for the first ever large-scale HVDC interconnection in the Middle East and North Africa.
Hans Björklund wins prestigious IEEE award
In acareerspanningalmost 50 years, his long list ofgame-changinginnovationsincludesthe world’s first digital control and protection system for HVDC
Increasing integration of renewables
Learn how the HVDC technology makes it possible to increase integration of offshore wind power generation into the grid and accelerates green energy transition in Europe.
Combined grid solutions
Learn how Hitachi Energy has embraced the challenge and opportunity to realized Combined Grid Solutions, a case that could become more and more common in the years to come.
Ensuring grid stability
Learn how the HVDC technology from Hitachi Energy makes it possible to increase stability and controllability of the grid and retain power transmission in the network.
- CHPE HVDC PR
- Offshore grids: The energy transition’s next frontier
- Proactive grid planning is key to unlocking Europe’s net-zero vision
- Join us to learn more about the role of HVDC in the future power system
- The first HVDC power-from-shore solution outside Norwegian waters
- The first ever large-scale HVDC interconnection
- Hans Björklund wins prestigious IEEE award for ‘outstanding contributions’ to HVDC
- Increasing integration of offshore wind power generation
- Combined grid solutions, challenges and opportunities
- Ensuring grid stability with HVDC solutions
HVDC (high-voltage direct current) is a key enabler for a carbon-neutral energy system. It is highly efficient for transmitting large amounts of electricity over long distances, integration of renewables and interconnecting grids, opening up for new sustainable transmission solutions.
HVDC Campaigns & Webinars
Links & Downloads
Customer Success Stories
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you