Mobile substations are a perfect solution, whenever utilities and industries need to provide interim grid connections and temporary power supplies.
Applications range from power supply during emergency or planned outages, to events, moving loads, and the integration of distributed or renewable generation.
Mounted on skids, trailers or in containers for rail, road or air transportation, these substations come in the form of ready-to-connect, complete assemblies and are designed for grid code compliance and easy mobility. The solutions are available for voltage levels up to 420 kV and all power ratings, and ensure reliable and high-quality energy supplies.
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Hitachi Energy designed the first mobile substations for the Italian railway network in 1937
- Factory-tested units can be installed and put into operation within hours
- Competent support from global service network spanning around 100 countries
- Proven, state-of-the-art equipment
- Single-source responsibility with complete in-house system integration capabilities
- Assurance of high quality, health, safety and environmental standards
- Optimized solutions for high performance, efficiency, flexibility, reliability and low life-cycle cost
- IEC 61850 control, protection and communication systems enable local and remote control and monitoring