|Location||Vaasa, , Finland|
We are looking for a Testing & Laboratory Specialist at Hitachi Energy, Transformer Service business in Vaasa, Finland. Our Transformer oil laboratory performs analysis and diagnostics of transformer oils. Both chemical and electrical tests are done to the oils. Routine transformer oil analysis samples are collected from both internal and external customers. In this role you will execute various laboratory tests by utilizing different analytical instruments using a complete knowledge of standard references, testing methodologies and requested requirements. You will be evaluating and documenting test results for use as transformer diagnostics services.
- Define test plans to investigate and solve analytical issues, optimize laboratory processes, and verify the measurements according to a specific standard.
- Ensure the planning and the implementation of test plans assigning the right priority and overseeing the resources allocated.
- Train team members on new test operations and processes
- Analyse and evaluate test results and prepare test reports in partnership with project managers, service engineers, and quality team members.
- Prepare, review, manage and update the required technical/support documents.
- Propose improvements in existing test techniques based on experience and knowledge of new trends and equipment.
- Ensure that analytical instruments are correctly assembled, tests are correctly performed and activities are thoroughly reported for internal and external use.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Chemistry (or equivalent competence)
- Previous experience in laboratory work
- Previous experience in chemical analysis, oil analysis experience seen as an advantage
- Accurate and systematical way of working
- Excellent skills in verbal and written Finnish and English. Swedish and other languages are seen as an advantage.
- Good IT skills, including SAP
More about us
Interested in joining the Hitachi Energy family and ready for a new exciting challenge? Apply for the position by November 26, 2021. We will initiate interviews as candidates apply and position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. For more information about this role, please contact Patrik Ågren, Product Manager, at +358 50 3347750. Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com