|Location||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will understand transformer design requirements and deliver product design & engineering in a timely manner according to customer specifications and assigned KPIs.
- Designing Tasks (Power Transformers and Shunt Reactors)
- Understanding customer requirements during quotation stage and after project receipt.
- Preparing quotation designs and order bound designs, drawings and documents, keeping project cost in mind while being in line with customer specification.
- Performing design verification using engineering tools, standards and customer requirements.
- Compiling and organizing documentation for identified projects.
- Proactively identifying risks and mitigating in solution concept stage in consultation with Manager.
- Ensuring project planning and deliver design specifications and generate requirements in ERP system.
- Ensuring proper control and check of electrical design solutions of Power Transformers and Shunt Reactors made in discussion with Customer through Design review and Finalization of detailed engineering solution. 2D and 3D FEM knowledge applied to electrostatic/electromagnetic simulation is preferred.
- Visiting and leading discussions with customers for Design reviews, approvals & clarifications.
- Optimizing transformer designs using best practices keeping tender commitments & technology requirements.
- Preparing/checking manufacturing documents for Core-winding-active part models, Bill of material in ERP.
- Planning and monitoring assigned projects consistently achieving related KPIs.
- Supporting services for Erection, Commissioning and site related technical matters.
- Possess knowledge of Indian and International Standards & Codes – IEC, IEEE, BIS, DIN, ISO for electrical design related aspects of power transformers and shunt reactors.
- Review and Technical Support
- Participating and leading Design Reviews, joint inspections while guiding other functions such as Manufacturing and Quality.
- Performing Troubleshooting, Analyzing failures, prepare and implement RCA actions.
- Providing technical support to SCM for vendor development and evaluation.
- Coaching of designers and colleagues.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A BE/ME – Electrical with 5 - 12 years of industry experience in electrical designing of Power Transformers and Shunt Reactors (preferably 400kVand 765kV product range).
- Should have knowledge and exposure to 2-D and 3-D CAD software packages like Creo/MagNet or similar.
- Having experience of working on optimization projects utilizing alternative materials, processes and solutions
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com