Join our experts for a technical seminar on capacitor and filters and related components for utility and industrial applications.
About this event
Please join us from October 11-13, 2022 at the Planet Hollywood Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada for a three-day seminar comprised of technical presentations, demos and training focused on the application of power capacitors and harmonic filtering for utility transmission and distribution, and industrial/commercial power quality applications.
Who should attend?
Utility engineers and managers, industrial/commercial facility engineers, renewable developers, owners and operators, OEMs and EPCs, distributors and reps.
What topics will be covered in the seminar?
- Power Factor and Harmonics Basics
- System Benefits for Transmission and Distribution Capacitors
- Capacitor Unit Design and Testing
- Design Considerations: Normal, Medium and Heavy Duty Capacitors
- Capacitor Design: Externally Fused, Fuseless, Internally Fused
- Capacitor Unit Teardown
- Unbalance Protection: Grounded and Ungrounded
- Capacitor Fusing Demo
- Sizing Inrush Reactors
- Commissioning: CB2000 Capacitance Meter / Bank Troubleshooting
- Hitachi Energy Capacitor Manufacturing (Factory Tour)
- Metal Enclosed Capacitor Banks and Safety Considerations
- Transient Free Switching Devices for Capacitors (DS1, PS+, VD4)
- IEEE 693: Seismic Considerations for Capacitor Bank Designs
- Challenges of Filter Design
- Capacitor Switching: Dead Tank and Live Tank Breakers
- Digital Servicing of Capacitor Banks
- PS Vacuum Switches
- Distribution Capacitor Banks: Pole Mounted Applications
- CQ900 & 930 Smart Capacitor Controllers
- FACTS: Series Capacitors & SVCs
- High Voltage Instrument Transformers: Current and Voltage Transformers
- Capacitors and Harmonic Filters for Industrial Facilities
- Introduction to Variable Speed Drives
- Dynamic Var Compensation
- Power Quality Analysis and Application Workshop
- Benefits of an Advanced Smart Grid Volt Var Management System
- Registration closes on September 18, 2022
- Seating is limited, first come first serve.
- Doors open at 7:30 am, program begins promptly at 8:30 am.
- Solution showcase area will allow attendees to see real products, models, and demos, offering a hands-on experience.