The overall aim of the program is to promote energy research and analysis in the Baltic States and inspire intra-Baltic and Baltic-Nordic collaboration. The program looks into the historical characterisation of the transport sector in the Baltic States. The report gives an overview of the actual policy framework and evaluates the alternative energy sources that can be adopted by the Baltic States to decarbonize the transport sector.
- Assessment and projection of the Baltic States’ road transport sector (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia).
- Overview of the actual policy framework and evaluates the alternative energy sources that can be adopted by the Baltic States to decarbonize the transport sector.
- Sector assessment and EU benchmark through suitable KPIs
- 10+ years forecast of the transport demand and GHG emissions production considering the specific characteristics of the transport sector in the Baltic States
- Evaluation of alternative fuel solutions and policy measures.
- Integral understanding of the Baltic road transport sector
- A detailed 10+ year forecast of the road transport energy consumption and GHG emissions, resulting in the evaluation of the country targets for 2020 and 2030
- Roadmap definition with policy recommendation to the Baltic Governments, these policies are oriented to the alternative fuels promotion, modal shifting, among other successful international practices within the transport sector.
|Customer||Nordic Energy Research, Norway|