1 min read
We proudly present the release of our Hitachi branded Protection and Control IED Manager PCM600 version 3.0
The evolution of PCM600 continues with a brand new version
New features and benefits
- For better coexistence with other IEC 61850 based IEDs we included a new Generic IEC 61850 Connectivity Package to support third-party IEC 61850 based IEDs.
- For better interoperability on import of older PCM600 project, conversion of third-party IEC 61850 based IEDs to Generic IEC 61850 IEDs and creation of report
- Improved robustness of interoperability
- Full backward compatible for Hitachi Energy’s Relion IEDs and supporting products Relion 670 series, 650 series, PWC600, GMS600, SAM600 and REB500.
- Improved handling of Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol
- Newer Operating System support, Windows Server 2022 64 bit
- Distinct user interface for easy recognition
- Enabler for latest Hitachi Energy’s Relion IEDs Connectivity Package
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)* support via Parameter settings
- Hitachi branded Update Manager with new infrastructure to support Hitachi Energy’s Relion Protection and Control IEDs
- Improved Injection Commissioning*, especially on higher number of reference impedances and increased logger running time.
- Quality improvements, by various measures and bug fixes
- Better handling of database and services for Hitachi Energy’s future needs, option to copy data from older version of PCM600 while installation.
*Availability of feature is depending on Connectivity Package
Following documentation is available and can be found on the Hitachi Energy Grid Automation Software Library:
- PCM600 Installation guide
- PCM600 Product guide
- PCM600 Getting started guide
- PCM600 Readme file
The PCM600 user documentation is available as online help (refer “Help” menu) in PCM600 included in PCM600 installation.
Technical requirements on environment
Hardware and software requirements
- The supported operating systems and hardware requirements are described in the PCM600 installation guide. The guide also covers how to install for distributed environment\virtualization.
- Using PCM600 requires that the applicable IED Connectivity Package has been installed. The connectivity packages can be downloaded from the Hitachi Energy’s Update Manager of PCM600. Furthermore, the IED Connectivity Packages for 670, 650 series, SAM600, PWC600, and GMS600 are also available on a separate IED Connectivity Package USB that is delivered together with the IEDs.
Products supported in this release
PCM600 version 3.0 supports the following protection and control products:
- Hitachi Energy’s Relion family and supporting products: 670, 650, PWC600, GMS600, SAM600 and REB500.
Features and benefits in previous versions of PCM600
- PCM600 2.11 (released in November 2021)
- PCM600 2.10 (released in February 2020)
- PCM600 2.9 (released in April 2018)
- PCM600 2.8 (released in October 2016)
IED Connectivity Package support for PCM600 version 3.0
For the best performance we recommend the latest versions/revisions of the IED Connectivity Packages available in the Hitachi branded Update Manager to be used together with the PCM600 version 3.0.
Life cycle statement
The PCM600 version 3.0 replaces all previous versions of PCM600 i.e., PCM600 version 2.11 and older. The replaced versions will be moved to obsolete phase in the software life cycle policy, which means that they will no longer be maintained.
Ordering and delivery information
PCM600 version 3.0 is license free and can be downloaded free of charge from the Hitachi Energy Grid Automation Software Library.
PCM600 can also be ordered on a USB using the following ordering number:
Software Ordering number
PCM600 3.0 PCM600-30
The installation of PCM600 version 3.0 start by running the installation program (PCM600.exe).
Note: PCM600 version 3.0 can be installed in parallel to already installed PCM600 versions like 2.11, 2.10, 2.9, 2.8, 2.7, 2.6, 2.5 or earlier.
Known limitations and supporting information
For technical limitations and supporting information, please refer to the PCM600 readme file. Some PCM600 functionality might not yet be available in all the available Hitachi Energy IEDs. For further information please refer to the release notes of the IEDs and its Connectivity Packages.
The Hitachi Protection and Control IED Manager PCM600 tool provides versatile functionalities for the entire life cycle of Hitachi Energy’s Relion Protection and Control IED applications. This easy-to-handle tool helps you to manage your protection and control equipment all the way from application and communication configuration to disturbance handling. Designed to communicate, PCM600 interacts with IEDs over the fast and reliable TCP/IP via corporate LAN or WAN, or alternatively directly through the communication port at the front of the IED.
PCM600 tool can read and write all configuration and setting data of an IED with a single command. The user interface, workflow, and the IEC 61850-based data model in PCM600 are designed according to the same philosophy as the Hitachi Energy’s Relion Protection and Control IEDs, ensuring smooth and seamless integration between the tool and the IEDs. PCM600 also secures the projects and data created with earlier versions of the PCM600 tool, which enables full backwards compatibility for Hitachi Energy’s Relion Protection and Control IEDs.