Surge arrester MWK
Silicone-housed surge arrester of IEC class station low (SL) for AC systems up to 52 kV
MWK is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, in grey color, designed and tested according to IEC 60099-4; it fulfills the requirement of ANSI/IEEE C62.11. Fire and smoke behavior tested and classified according to EN 45545-2.
It is used for secure protection of medium-voltage systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions.
- Medium-voltage distribution transformer
- Medium-voltage cable and cable termination
- Medium-voltage capacitor and capacitor bank
- Other medium-voltage distribution equipment
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection and more than 30 years with silicone insulation
- Local and global Hitachi Energy application support
- Proven safe short-circuit current design
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- Excellent protection level with low residual voltage
- UV resistant silicone housing with excellent pollution performance
- Maintenance free
Brief performance data
|MWK||MWK K4||MWK KLL|
|Maximum system voltage (Us)||kV||52||52|
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc)||kVrms||4-44||8-44|
|Rated voltage of arrester (Ur)||kVrms||5-55||10-55|
|Nominal discharge current (In)||kApeak||10||10|
|Thermal energy rating (Wth)||kJ/kV (Ur)||5.0||5.0|
|Specified short-term load (SSL)||Nm||153||153|
Get to know more
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you