Silicone-housed surge arrester of IEC class station low (SL) for AC systems up to 7.5 kV
POLIM-C..N is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, grey color, designed and tested according to IEC 60099-4; and it fulfills the requirement of ANSI/IEEE C62.11. Fire and smoke behavior tested and classified according to EN 45545-2.
It is used for secure protection of medium voltage systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions.
- Low-voltage motors
- Power electronics
- High-voltage cable sheath
- Components of low-voltage secondary equipment
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection and more than 30 years with silicone insulation
- Local and global Hitachi Energy application support
- Proven safe short-circuit current design
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- Excellent protection level with low residual voltage
- UV resistant silicone housing
- Maintenance free
Brief performance data
|Maximum system voltage (Us)||kV||7.5|
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc)||kVrms||0.9-7.5|
|Rated voltage of arrester (Ur)||kVrms||1.13-9.38|
|Nominal discharge current (In)||kApeak||10|
|Thermal energy rating (Wth)||kJ/kV (Ur)||4.4|
Get to know more
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you