The CapCube solution successfully integrates an inrush PFC capacitor bank of up to 1 Mvar within a conventional UniSafe switchgear platform. This type of solution is ideal for medium voltage motor control centre (MCC) applications or any inrush PFC applications up to 12 kV.
OEMs with an established medium voltage air insulated switchgear (AIS) customer base will also benefit from the additional PFC solution with minimal effort and outlay.
The CapCube enables OEMs to expand their medium voltage product portfolio and offers customers a truly competitive product that combines a PFC unit with their existing switchgear line up.
Why Hitachi Energy?
Hitachi Energy's medium-voltage CapCube stands for:
- User-friendly power factor controller RVC or RVT
- Hitachi Energy capacitors designed for heavy-duty operation
- Aluminum wounded and resin encapsulated inrush reactors
- Hitachi Energy contactors designed for heavy-duty capacitor switching
- HRC fuses to protect against short circuits
Brief performance data
|Rated voltage||3.6 - 7.2 - 12 kV|
|Frequency||50 or 60 Hz|
|Maximum reactive power||1000 kvar|
|Maximum number of steps||4|
|Power factor controller||RVC or RVT|
|Lighting impulse withstand voltage||75 kV BIL|
|Power frequency withstand voltage - 50 Hz||28 kV|
|Maximum altitude above sea level||1000 m|
|Configuration||Switched, single or multistep|