Combination of two capacitors in one housing allows economical double star unbalance detection schemes
The Hitachi Energy split-phase capacitor unit type CHDSP combines two capacitors in a single housing. The split-phase capacitor units provide an economical double star (Y-Y) unbalance detection scheme using only three units, compared with conventional designs using six units. The capacitor unit has three bushings consisting of one common terminal and two capacitor output terminals.
The capacitors consist of thin dielectric polypropylene film wound together with electrodes of aluminum foils. Discharge resistors are built-in.
A bio-degradable hydrocarbon compound with excellent electrical properties is used as the impregnation fluid. The container is made of surface-treated high-quality steel - the bushings and terminals are of the highest quality and reliability.
- Low power capacitor banks in fixed, enclosed and pole mount capacitor applications
- Capacitors applications where space is an issue
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Excellent track record on reliability
- Usable in the most demanding applications
- Folded foil electrodes reduce partial discharge generation
- Unit tank is constructed from a high-grade 304 stainless steel providing excellent corrosion resistance
- Seams are fully TIG welded
Brief performance data
|800 kvar (400 + 400)
|Up to 17.5 kV line to line
Up to 10.1 kV line to common
|Maximum 180 A
|≤ 0.2 W/kvar including resistors
|Indoor or outdoor
|≤ 1,000 m above sea level
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you