Meralco’s long term objectives is to build up a smart grid with digital substations, in order to make their network safer and easier to maintain. The Hitachi Energy technologies delivered, provide the platform to achieve this goal. To improve their power distribution, Meralco built a new 230/115 kV GIS substation in 2008, Hitachi Energy was given responsibility to supply redundant the substation automation systems, based on Relion® 670 bay control & protection IEDs, complying to the international standard IEC 61850.
In cooperation with the local Hitachi Energy unit in Philippines, Hitachi Energy was responsible for the overall technical concept and the design of the SA level, the configuration and parameterization of the protection and control IEDs, as well as for the Factory Acceptance Test and the customer training in Baden, Switzerland. Hitachi Energy Philippines was responsible for manufacturing the protection and control panels and for the installation, the commissioning and the Site Aceptance Test of the complete system.
Scope of delivery
- Fully compliant solution to IEC 61850 standard
- Redundant substation automation system SAS 650
- Relion® 670 bay control & protection IED
- Main 2 protection IED’s from third-party
- Supply and cominissioning of the control and protection panels.
- Hitachi Energy solution fully meet the technical requirement of Meralco
- Well-trained and experienced local Hitachi Energy engineers for technical and after sales support
- Modern state-of-the-art technology
- Reduced operational and maintenance costs
- Optimal life cycle management through future proof technology
- Provided platfrom for their long term objective to build a Smart Grid with digital substation