Watch on demand
Industries and commercial sites need reliable electricity to ensure consistent operations and avoid loss of production, lowering workforce efficiency and potentially damaging equipment. In addition, achieving carbon reduction targets is now a global requirement and highly visible to the public—prompting industries and other commercial operations to invest in their own energy production as an area for sustainability, efficiency and profitability. But where to begin? This webinar will give you insights to determine the best solutions and first steps to take, based upon desired outcomes, such as:
- Reduced energy bills and costs
- Power reliability and resilience
- New business models
- Improved power quality
This webinar is for facilities with critical, demanding and/or sensitive loads and will showcase:
- How to implement microgrid and battery energy storage technology
- System functionality
- Renewable energy integration
- Power quality functionality
What will you learn:
- How to implement battery energy storage solutions (BESS) that allow your facility to operate smoothly even in the presence of grid instability or low power quality.
- How to protect your sensitive loads from unplanned power quality issues while capturing additional benefits such as reduced downtime, improved operations, lower cost and increased renewable energy penetration.
- Learn about existing technologies and how they are being used in industries with sensitive loads.
- Under what conditions BESS can bring greater value than a traditional UPS system.
Meet the presenters
Pablo Astorga is responsible for microgrid and energy storage sales and addresses the increasing need to efficiently integrate renewable energy systems into new and existing fossil fuel-based generation, as well as into the grid. Pablo has almost two decades of extensive international experience in renewable energy. In 2009 he relocated to the U.S. to develop the solar business in the region and, after a successful 5 years in North America, he returned to Europe at the end of 2014. Pablo is active in multiple international organizations and has also served as a Board Member at ARE, the Alliance for Rural Electrification.
Tilo Buehler is the Global Product Manager of the Hitachi Hitachi Energy Powergrid’s Grid Edge Solutions business. He is shaping a product and solutions portfolio for the management of distributed energy resources that find applications in microgrids, large renewable power plants or advanced distribution networks. The Grid Edge Solutions portfolio includes battery energy storage, real time control, energy management, and a cloud based digital service offering. For him it is a fascinating opportunity to support the energy system transformation towards a more sustainable future implementing innovative concepts to electrify the transport sector, integrate renewables into the power grid and enable novel business models across diverse market segments. Tilo has 15 years of experience with Hitachi Hitachi Energy Powergrids, having worked in diverse roles from applied research to technology management. He holds a PhD in Physics from the University of New South Wales in Australia.