2 min read
Maintenance release of Relion REB500 version 8.2 (220.127.116.11)
April 2nd, 2020
A new revision of Relion® REB500 version 8.2 has been released. The new revision designation of the REB500 is 18.104.22.168.
The following has been corrected / improved in the new revision:
System and security related
- Resolved critical vulnerabilities in the TCP/IP stack in VxWorks, commonly referred to as Urgent/11 vulnerabilities
- Resolved Denial of Service vulnerability where IED reboots when crafted packets are sent to the IEC 61850-8-1 server
- Resolved IP forwarding from Station bus to internal REB500 process bus
- Removed weak RC4 ciphers from SSH server
- Resolved IP Stack problems when receiving DHCP messages under specific conditions
- Resolved IPNET Neighbor List clean-up
- Resolved Web Application security limitation
- Resolved column header format in web interface
Recommendation to update
We recommend users that have experienced issues as described above to update to this release.
IED Connect support
Updating to the new firmware does not require any changes in the installed IED Connectivity Packages for REB500. The connectivity packages are available in PCM600 Update Manager.
Ordering and delivery
Order stock as of today will be automatically updated to the new revision. New orders placed on version 8.2 will be delivered with the latest revision 22.214.171.124.
If an earlier version/revision is required, a request shall be made to SA-T sales and an approved deviation shall be in place.
Procedures for ordering the firmware update
Firmware update of the IED can be performed by the local ABB. If you have any questions related to this maintenance release please contact SA-T Supportline.
Please note that it is very important that you report back to us via SEemail@example.com when the update of the concerned IED has been completed. This information is needed to keep our product register updated and to ensure right information to the right local ABB Power Grids units in the future.
Global Lead Product Manager
BL Grid Automation
ABB Power Grids