Fixed metal enclosed reactive power compensation bank for distribution substations and for wind farms
The EMPAC is a metal-enclosed fixed capacitor bank installed to provide fixed capacitive reactive power compensation. The EMPAC improves the quality of the electrical supply and the efficient operation of the system. Its installation has other beneficial effects on the system such as: improvement of the voltage at the load, better voltage regulation, reduction of losses and reduction of investments in transmission.
- Suitable for applications with little space thanks to its compact design
- Available for indoor/outdoor installation
- Available with and without SF6 circuit breaker depending on the customer needs
- Applications up to 36 kV
Why Hitachi Energy?
The capacitor bank EMPAC comes with:
- Compact design resulting in a small footprint and height
- Fully enclosed design protecting live parts. Interlocking scheme between circuit breaker and grounding switch is always fitted for personal protection. Live line indicators as well an integral interlocking scheme are also available on request.
- Same footprint and volume in case of Mvar expansion (within the same enclosure)
- Very easy handling and lifting. No additional assembly required on site.
- SF6 breaker mechanically staggered for synchronized switching where switching transients are critical (optional)
- Very easy replacement of components in the event of malfunction
Brief performance data
|Rated voltage||From 1 kV to 36 kV|
|Maximum output||10.6 MVAr at 24 kV / 16 MVAr at 36 kV|
|Capacitor configuration||Double star/single star (on request)|
|IP rating||IP23 - IP44|
|Frequency||50 or 60 Hz|
|Standard||IEC or equivalent|
|Location||Indoor or outdoor|
|Temperature||-25°C / 55°C|
|Short circuit current||40 kA for 1s|
|Circuit breaker||SF6 - 3 pole|
|Inrush reactors||Epoxi resin cast|
|Current transformers||Epoxi resin cast - X/5 A|
|Earth switch||Air insulated|
|Optional||Fast discharge reactors
Live line indication
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you