More power, smaller footprint
CompactStar™ - A premium, compact, and lightweight transformer optimized for the Total Ownership Cost (TOC) of offshore substations and a perfect-fit solution for urban substations.
CompactStar™ combines Hitachi Energy's global leadership and transformer expertise with innovative design and premium materials that have enhanced thermal performance, making it a smart investment for customers looking to reduce TOC and improve operational safety.
CompactStar™ is optimized for space-saving and weight reduction without compromising on performance. It is up to 30% smaller in size and weight compared to conventional transformers, making it a perfect-fit solution for space-constrained areas. It also reduces the structural costs of the offshore platform, allowing for more efficient use of space.
Despite its smaller size, CompactStar™ provides high-capacity output, making it an ideal solution for meeting increasing renewable energy demands. It can provide up to 30% more capacity than conventional transformers in the same space.
CompactStar™ uses Ester fluids for cooling optimization, which offers increased operational safety for people and the environment.
Applications for CompactStar™
- Offshore Substations
- Urban or Underground Substations
- Reduced overall footprint and weight of the transformer by up to 30%
Total Cost of Ownership (TOC)
- Reduction of the overall size and weight of the platform
- Simplification of fire suppression system
- Reduction of lifting and transportation costs
- Reduced overall TOC of offshore substations
- Lower insurance costs
- Increased power capacity using the reduced area
Increased Operational Safety
- Increased operational safety for people and environment