System type generator circuit-breaker (GCB) with innovative built-in monitoring
The HVS-63S GCB with SF6 interrupting technology for short-circuit currents up to 63 kA and rated currents up to 7,150 A suitable for generators of up to 200 MW. Based on the well-proven HVR-63 technology, the new GCB is a full system-type with the following features:
- Built-in erosion monitoring feature for real-time visual indication of the remaining time to service
- HMB-1 spring drive offers 50 percent less energy demand compared to mid-sized GCB
- Combined disconnector and earthing and starting switch allows use of only one operating mechanism per pole
- Low SF6 content of only 5.1 kg for three poles, with low leakage rate of less than 0.1 percent per year
- Innovative breaking chamber with double main contacts for higher stability of resistance during maintenance span (20 years or 10,000 close-open operations).
- Compact design fits into a standard 20-feet container for easy transportation and handling.
- New installations, replacement and retrofit of power plants up to 200 MW
- Most optimal system type solution for smaller capacity power plants
Why Hitachi Energy?
- System type GCB with built-in contact erosion indicator for highest safety and reliability
- Fully assembled, factory tested plug-in design brings substantial time and cost savings in installation and commissioning
- Type tested and exceeds the mandatory requirements of the latest GCB standard and IEEE C37.013
Brief performance data
|Rated maximum voltage [kV]||24|
|Rated frequency [Hz]||50 / 60|
|Rated power frequency withstand voltage [kV]||60 / 70|
|Rated lightning impulse withstand voltage [kV]||125 / 145|
|Rated normal current [A]||up to 7,150 / 6,900|
|Rated short-circuit breaking current [kA]||63|
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you