Earthing transformers are classified as standard reactors. An earthing transformer (neutral coupler) is a three-phase transformer connected to the power system to provide a neutral connection for earthing, either directly or via impedance. The earthing transformers may in addition supply a local auxiliary load.
During single-phase faults, the reactor limits the fault current in the neutral and the restoration of the power line is improved. According to the IEC 60076-6 standard, the neutral-earthing reactor is connected between the neutral of a power system and the earth to limit the line to earth current under system earth fault conditions to the desired value.
The earthing transformer creates a neutral point for a network. ZN connection is usually applied. Z connection provides linear and specified zero sequence impedance. YN+d can also be applied.
- Voltage level: up to 170 kV
Why Hitachi Energy is the preferred partner?
- Optimized design fully in line with substation system design
- Lots of references in different voltage systems and substation configurations.
- Hitachi Energy utilizes a focus factory concept which leads to a great experience in specific products giving a very high level of consistency in design, manufacture, and test
- All Hitachi Energy factories utilize the common design platform giving us best in class experience, consistency, and repeatability
- Hitachi Energy utilizes best in class manufacturing and quality processes to ensure that our reactors will meet the most stringent requirements