Full Hybrid Multi-service Access & Transport Platform for Communications Networks in Mission-Critical Systems
XMC20 is a purpose-built multi-service telecommunication family of network elements. It was designed to meet the stringent access & transport networks requirements for Mission-Critical Systems (MCS). XMC20 Mission-Critical Systems (MCS) address industries includes Oil and Gas, Rail and land transport, Air Traffic Management, Public safety, and Police-border control.
Being a full hybrid access and transport platform, the XMC20 supports the co-existence of native TDM and packet-based data transmission in one single network element. Thus, it is capable to fully evolve towards packet-based transport networks (MPLS-TP). With this, our customers have the flexibility to choose the best technology for their mission-critical applications. This lowers the operational costs and enhances the reliability and the availability of services.
The XMC20 provides the same scalability in TDM as well as in packet-based networks for highest availability under any circumstances. Comprehensive QoS functions (Quality of Service) guarantee reliable data transmission. German-produced XMC20 is equipped with numerous redundancy and protection functions for highly available data transmission. It is mechanically robust and can be operated in fanless mode due to its low power consumption and low number of components, providing a very good eco-footprint.
The XMC20 is unique in providing highly secure end-to-end encryption in mission-critical networks, while still maintaining the very high level of data availability required for such infrastructures. State-of-the-art encryption is based on keys generated by a hardware-based quantum random number generator for the highest level of assurance.
Services in XMC20 are administered centrally by the network management system UNEM and local craft terminal ECST. XMC20 can also be managed with the Ericsson ServiceOnAccess (SOA) network management system.
- Platform Highlights
- System Family
- Technical Data
- Full hybrid concept for coexistence and interworking of native TDM and packet services within the same node
- Protection, redundancy and encryption functions for secure data transmission and highest availability
- Wide range of applications and access interfaces supported
- Support for various transmission interfaces and protocols, including 10 Gbps, SDH STM-16, MPLS-TP and many others
- Fanless operation supported, robustness
- Guaranteed long lifecycles due to state-of-the-art FPGA technologies and own manufacturing plant
- Wide array of services which include 3rd party equipment integration and maintenance
Get to know more
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you