Reliable oil-insulated hairpin design current transformer for outdoor use
LB oil-insulated current transformers for outdoor installations are based on a hairpin design. All our current transformers are built-to-order to customer specifications. This current transformer is available with either porcelain or silicone rubber insulators, with brown porcelain insulator considered as the standard product. Hermetic sealing of the design is accomplished using a gas cushion above the oil to prevent free-breathing outside moisture-laden air.
The LB demonstrates reliable performance in service with a low field failure rate that is lower than the industry average. This design has been installed in different applications and from desert to arctic climates.
- Revenue metering
- Protective relaying
- System control and indication of power flow
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Optimized insulation design and processing technic for enhanced reliability with outstanding insulation
- LB current transformer is very suitable for high seismic area due to low center of gravity
- It is designed for wide range of environmental conditions from tropic to polar climate
- The flexible and tailored design is suitable for a wide range of primary currents
Brief performance data
|Highest voltage for
|30.5 - 300 kV|
|Max. primary current||Up to 4000 A|
|Short-circuit current||Up to 63|
|Insulators||Porcelain (silicon rubber optional)|
|Creepage distance||≥ 25 mm/kV (longer on request)|
||-40 ºC to +40 ºC (standard)|
||Maximum 1000 m (standard)|
|*Other temperatures and altitudes on request|
|Accuracy||Meets all IEC andIEEE metering and protection classes|
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you