With the United States fuel mix transitioning more towards renewables and natural gas, the market operations and traditional pricing patterns have evolved in response. Natural gas assets now must plan more for their pipeline connections and how their generation will be impacted by renewable penetration. Renewable facilities, especially those yet to be built, should assess the optimal location to balance generation times, curtailment potential, and contract pricing.
The teams at Hitachi Energy collect market information and conduct this analysis daily to help existing clients with these same decisions. In this webinar, we will walk through some of this analysis. We will also highlight some of the market nuances that lead to project success in the PJM ISO.
Our virtual discussions will include:
- What makes PJM different from other US energy markets
- How pipeline connections can dramatically change natural gas plant costs
- Which renewable projects have the most market value
- How to manage risk during the investment planning process
Who should attend:
- Independent power producers
- Generation planners
- Generation developers