Surge arrester POLIM-I..N
Silicone-housed surge arrester of IEC class station low (SL) for AC systems up to 72 kV
POLIM-I..N is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, in grey color, designed and tested according to IEC 60099-4; and it fulfills the requirement of ANSI/IEEE C62.11. POLIM-I..N also has other certifications:
- Shock and vibration tested according to IEC 61373
- Fire and smoke behavior tested and classified according to EN 45545-2
It is used for secure protection of medium voltage systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions.
- Medium size generator
- Traction system – fixed installation
- Rolling stock
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection and more than 30 years with silicone insulation
- Local and global Hitachi Energy application support
- Proven safe short-circuit current design
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- Excellent protection level with low residual voltage
- UV resistant silicone housing with excellent pollution performance
- Mechanically strong design
- Maintenance free
- Stable against shock and vibration
Brief performance data
|Maximum system voltage (Us)||kV||72|
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc)||kVrms||4-44|
|Rated voltage of arrester (Ur)||kVrms||5-55|
|Short-circuit current (Is)||kArms||40|
|Nominal discharge current (In)||kApeak||10|
|Thermal energy rating (Wth)||kJ/kV (Ur)||5.0|
|Specified short-term load (SSL)||Nm||2240|
For more details see the data sheet in downloads below.
Get to know more
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you