Hitachi Energy’s vacuum cast coil transformers use the most technologically advanced design to support the extreme conditions present in chemical processing, extra heavy traction, and heavy industrial applications. Hitachi Energy has design and manufacturing flexibility to produce oval or round-shaped core and coil assemblies for optimum space utilization.
These transformers are almost maintenance-free, and they are manufactured in accordance with industry and international standards.
The VCC dry-type transformers are moisture-proof and suitable for operation in humid or heavily polluted environments. They are the ideal transformers for operation in environments with humidity higher than 95 % as well as at temperatures down to -25 °C. There is less space and less civil work needed, no special safety features are required (fire detection). They are maintenance-free and extend transformer life due to low thermal and dielectric ageing. It can be installed closer to the point of consumption, reducing load cable losses. Safe and environmentally friendly, reduced environmental contamination, and zero risk of leakage of flammable or contaminating substances. High resistance to short circuits and high capacity to support overload. They are capable of withstanding the most severe rolling and vibrating conditions.
- Up to 63 MVA
- High voltage up to 36 kV
- Low voltage up to 24 kV
- Classes E2, C2, F1
- Partial discharges <10 pC
- Protection degree: IP00 - IP54
- Insulation system temperature: 155 ºC (Class F) and 180 ºC (Class H)
Why Hitachi Energy
- More than 30 years of serving the market (experience) and with references all around the globe
- Respectful to people and property
- Meeting all transformers' standards
- Great product quality based on the method and the technology production, including windings one
- Suited to operate under heavy vibrations
- Great performance in environments with a relative humidity of 100 % and in air containing salt and dust