Hitachi Energy's pad-mounted transformers are mounted on the ground to service underground distribution networks. These transformers typically serve urban and rural residential, commercial and industrial loads. They offer the maximum amount of tamper resistance in the lowest profile design.
ANSI single-phase pad-mounted transformers come equipped with a clamshell cabinet for ease of opening and uninhibited access to connections. The versatility of the design allows for various protective and switching configurations.
ANSI three-phase pad-mounted cabinet offers a unique cabinet that features a one-piece sloped cabinet weather cover to effectively shed water and allow easier access into the cabinet compartment. The transformer can be configured for live and dead front high voltage connections along with radial or loop feed. Various switching and protection schemes can be integrated into the unit making for a low profile, reliable and multi-functional transformer.
Hitachi Energy's generator step-up, three-phase pad-mounted transformers have been designed to meet the stringent standards for wind and solar farm demands. They would be mounted outside at the base of the tower while solar can be stand-alone or part of a kiosk solution.
Three-phase, pad-mounted transformers can be outfitted with a TPC protection system compensating for capacitive earth fault current in underground cables for the protection and safety of sensitive loads.
- Single-phase up to 250 kVA
- Three-phase up to 3,000 kVA
- Primary voltage up to 36 kV
- Secondary voltages up to 690 V
- Cooling type: ONAN
- Available fluids: mineral oil, ester fluids, and silicone
Why Hitachi Energy
- Hitachi Energy utilizes a focus factory concept which leads to a great experience in specific products giving a very high level of consistency in design, manufacture, and test.
- Hitachi Energy has the biggest library of type-tested designs.
- All Hitachi Energy distribution transformers factories utilize the common design platform giving us best-in-class experience, consistency, and repeatability.
- Hitachi Energy has more distribution transformer factories than any other supplier, meaning we are always close to your project destination.
- Hitachi Energy utilizes best-in-class manufacturing and quality processes to ensure that our transformers will meet the most stringent requirements.
- Hitachi Energy has the widest portfolio of distribution transformer products meaning that our experience in providing solutions to challenging requirements is unrivaled.
- Hitachi Energy leads the supply base in technological advancement with our Green-R-Trafo™ products.
Get to know more
EU EcoDesign product information
- The EcoDesign Directive of the European Union and the related Regulation 548/2014 for transformer losses require manufacturers to publish on the internet information on rated power, load loss, no-load loss, and weight and type of the major components of typical transformers, which are compliant with the Regulation on. Such typical values are specified under EU EcoDesign product information for Tier 1 requirements.
- Load loss and no-load loss values are maximum values with 0% upwards tolerance. If a value exceeds at factory routine testing the maximum value, the transformer is not compliant with the Regulation and it is not allowed to use in the EU.
- Note that the values indicated for the weights depend on each specific transformer specification and may vary. The values also depend on the exact grade of electrical steel to be used. Transformer designs and materials used are constantly changing with changing materials prices.
- Hitachi Energy can also provide transformers according to Tier 2 loss requirements and even lower losses. Hitachi Energy is the leading manufacturer of ultra-efficient transformers, as a company being itself fully dedicated to energy efficiency, and able to consult you for energy efficiency and sustainability.
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you