How Hitachi Energy is responding to COVID-19
Protect our people, preserve business continuity and prepare for the “new norm"
Health & Safety remains our #1 priority
We are actively monitoring the situation
Adapting our processes
We continue to serve customer needs
Hitachi Energy preventive and protective measures
Measures are adapted to the specific local situations and may include:
- Travel guidelines and restrictions.
- Use of home office wherever possible.
- Regular testing at offices and Hitachi Energy sites
- Supporting employees and their families in getting vaccinated.
- Maintaining physical distances (>2 meters / 6 ft), including sales interactions, service activities, shift changes and breaks, as well as in meetings and training sessions, both internal and external. In case this is not feasible, a face mask has to be worn.
- Staggered visits to the canteen and other facilities.
- Staying at home if employees feel unwell.
In terms of tracking the risk of exposure for employees, Hitachi Energy has followed a strict process for contact tracing. This process has been in place since the start of the pandemic and will continue.
Using Hitachi Energy Digital Enterprise technology to support the response to COVID-19
Up-to-date information on Hitachi Energy’s global operations is a top priority, for us as well as for our customers. In order to improve global awareness and response to COVID-19, we are taking advantage of some of our own software technology, Digital Enterprise. With Digital Enterprise, we were able to quickly provide up-to-date information to keep our team informed.